Friday, May 1, 2009

Music

Hear the drummers bang, hear the trumpets' blow, hear the flutes chime (that's the instrument I play at Maiden Middle School! Go FLUTES!), hear the trombones slide, hear the clarinet hum to the melody, hear the sax play to the rythem. I hear the rythem and I tap to the beat. The music strikes me like lightning, and before I know it, the song is inside of me. Inside of my heart. The song lyrics circle around me, as I remember the words. I listen as the instruments get louder, and it hits me harder. Soon I forget I am playing and I am in a musical dreamland.


*In honor of the Maiden Middle and Maiden High School bands! Visit the high school band website at http://www.bandsofmaiden.org/. Rock on flutes (and the other instruments too!)!*

No comments:

Post a Comment